Recipe: Butter MintsApril 19, 2016
My husband has an undying passion for butter mints and I have an undying passion for doTerra essential oils, so I combined the two to create this amazing butter mint recipe! Use your favorite Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil for flavoring. I ALWAYS use doTerra Essential Oils, and then only the ones that are listed as safe for internal use. Some of my favorite oils in this recipe are:
- Lemon oil for soft lemon drop style candies
- Peppermint for true butter mints
- Orange oil for a summery treat
- Citrus Bliss for a lemony twist on the orange treat
- 1 pound of powdered sugar
- 1 stick of softened, room temperature butter
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 4-5 drops of your favorite Essential Oil (to taste)
** Please be very careful to only use Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade essential oils that are completely safe to take internally! Using any other oil is something that you do at your own risk, and I am not to be held liable for it!
- Combine ingredients in your mixer and mix until well blended. Let the mixer run on medium-low for a few minutes to get the mixture a little fluffy.
- Separate the mixture into several small, evenly sized balls
- Roll each ball into a log. Either use a plastic baking mat or parchment paper to keep everything from sticking.
- Cut each log into small, bite-sized pieces
- Decorate as desired. Some people use buttons or stamps to press into the piece to make designs. Be creative!
- Leave out to dry