Adaptiv Calming Blend is doTERRA’s star blend when it comes to stressful situations, like the crisis we are currently facing! On their site, they say, “ Adaptiv Calming Blend oil is perfect for life’s most stressful moments. Useful when a big meeting is coming up, or for other important events, Adaptiv Calming Blend helps improve sustained attention while easing the body and mind.”
The only thing is… when you have mobility problems, baths can be a very rough time. Before I developed my mobility problems, I loved showering. It was my precious destress time in the day. After developing mobility problems, shower and baths have become torture! The physical instability, the vertigo, the insane amounts of sheer agony that I go through to endure a shower have made it the worst part of the day. That, my friends, is downright saddening. I miss loving showers.
I got myself some Adaptiv Calming Blend a few weeks ago. I LOVE the scent! It is so nice! It’s not a sweet, sleepytime type of scent. It’s not quite a cheery, bright and uplifting scent. It is oddly right there in the middle between the two. The scent is bright yet calming and a delight to use! It IS very calming and I love it! Something else I love is soapmaking and using artisan soaps. It doesn’t matter if I am making soap on my own from scratch or using a premade melt and pour base and adding colors and/or scents with my son having a fun craft project, I adore the process! The only thing that’s been lacking is the glorious Adaptiv Calming Blend in a soap. doTERRA has a few other awesome scented soaps, like Citrus Bliss Soap and Serenity Bath Bar. But, alas, no Adaptiv. But I would so enjoy an Adaptiv soap and kept thinking about how it would make shower times a little less stressful and more enjoyable again. So, I decided to tackle the problem on my own, and my son wanted to help! We got our Adaptiv bottle and some melt and pour soap base and got to work! It’s glorious and wonderful and I had the best shower that I have enjoyed in over year, thanks to this soap! Try some for yourself!
DIY doTERRA Adaptiv Calming Blend Soap & Bath Bar
- doTERRA Adaptiv Calming Blend (10-15 drops per pound of soap base)
- Melt & Pour Soap Base. I used this 2-pound Hemp Seed Glycerin Soap Base.
- Molds for soap. They should be able to withstand the heat of melted soap. I regularly use bread and candy molds for mine and it works great! Silicone molds pull away easily when the soap has hardened.
- Melt the soap according to the instructions on the pack. If you don’t have any instructions, I start with cutting the soap into ice-cube sized chunks and put into a microwave-safe bowl. Then I microwave for 1 minute at a time until about half of it has melted. Then, I go down to 30 seconds at a time until it is about 3/4 melted, then 15 seconds at a time until it is completely melted. Stir between each microwave session. The 2-pound block took about 4 minutes to melt, including time spent stirring.
- Add the Adaptiv Calming Blend oil drops, 10-15 drops per pound of soap base, and stir to combine.
- Carefully pour into your molds. It’s hot, so be careful!
- Allow the molds to sit undisturbed to cool and harden.
- When the soap has hardened, remove from the molds and store. If you use a bread loaf pan, as I did, or some other large pan, you will need to cut it into usable sized bars before storing.
To close, this soap was very quick to make and enjoyable to use. My batch was ready to use within a few hours and I was able to enjoy it in the shower the same day that I made it. My 10-year-old had a good time helping to make it with me, but if your children join you to make this recipe, please be careful! Melted soap is very hot and care must be taken to avoid burning little fingers! That said, most kids I have ever seen always enjoy being able to use something that they made with their own hands. Melt and pour soap making is very rewarding for kids who are old enough to understand the safety measures needed, and they love using it at bath time! Enjoy!